Note: Excel High Income Fund will be renamed Sun Life Excel High Income Fund effective on or about June 18, 2018. View press release.
- Modi’s People-Friendly Budget to Benefit the Masses Modi’s People-Friendly Budget to Benefit the Masses The rural agricultural-based population which underpinned Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s rise to power is one of the biggest beneficiaries in India’s 2018-19 budget. Presented on February 1, the election year budget was guided by a mission to uplift the agriculture sector, enhance rural…Written on Monday, 05 March 2018 14:38
- Digitization: A Catalyst for India’s Economic Expansion India’s digital revolution is set to be powerful catalyst for economic expansion. It could potentially disrupt incumbents and reshape the business landscape at a faster pace than any other force in modern day India. At the core of India’s digital revolution are three forces which are often referred to as…Written on Monday, 05 March 2018 13:42
- Modi’s BJP Wins Two More State Elections in India “For investment advisors only” India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s political party, the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) won two more state elections in India. The BJP managed to retain the state of Gujarat where it has been incumbent for over 20 years and managed to displace the Indian National Congress (INC…Written on Wednesday, 20 December 2017 11:36
- India’s Economy Rebounds “For investment advisors only” Buoyed by a recovery in the manufacturing sector, India’s economy rebounded in the quarter ended September 30, following five quarters of slowing growth. The country’s GDP growth rose to 6.3% for the July- September quarter, up from 5.7% in the previous quarter, which was the lowest…Written on Monday, 11 December 2017 11:39
- 5 Reasons Your Investments Should be Globally Diversified "For investment advisors only" Diversifying your investments globally can potentially reduce your risk and enhance your returns. In fact, global diversification is one of the fundamental tenets of modern portfolio theory, developed by Nobel Prize winning economist, Harry Markowitz. It is a framework for putting together a portfolio of assets…Written on Friday, 15 December 2017 10:48
- Moody's upgrades India's government bond and currency ratings and changes outlook to stable from positive Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's"), the global credit rating agency, today upgraded the Government of India's local and foreign currency issuer ratings to Baa2 from Baa3 and changed the outlook on the rating to stable from positive. In addition, Moody's also upgraded India's local currency senior unsecured rating to Baa2 from…Written on Friday, 17 November 2017 09:41
- Modi Highlights India’s Progress at ASEAN Summit Modi Highlights India’s Progress at ASEAN Summit Attending the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit held in Manila, Philippines on November 10 -14, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi highlighted the enormous progress India has made under his leadership. “(The) task of transforming India is proceeding at an unprecedented scale.…Written on Wednesday, 15 November 2017 16:50